McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by Health Canada, subject to applicable verified housing applications.
The successful candidate can reside and practice in any Canadian province as a registered nurse. This position is primarily work from home/remote.
The selected candidate must be bilingual, fluent in French and English.
Must be bilingual - fluent in French and English
The successful candidate can live and practice as a registered nurse in any Canadian province. This position is primarily work from home/remote.
Here is the French version
McKesson is in the business of improving health, and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We stock more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers, supplying 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care facilities, clinics and institutions across Canada. But we are much more than a distribution company. We automate 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense more than 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare professionals and patients trust us for a wide range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for all of us.
At McKesson Canada, you help us fulfill our mission of improving lives and promoting health. Working here is your chance to shape an industry that is vital to all of us.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Specialty Training, but will work closely with the Director, Regional Nursing Managers. You will benefit from your experience in nursing, but you will also be able to benefit from the experience of the Specialized Training Team in the use of technology and the Learning Management System.
As a national educator, you will regularly assess the recruitment of new hospital nurses to ensure their competence and confidence in their new role. Develop, plan/review, implement and evaluate training for new product launches and provide nursing training recommendations to the Senior Leadership Team. There will be periods where multiple projects are running at the same time and you will be placed on multiple launch teams, giving you a national perspective of INVIVA's business.
Duties and responsibilities generally include, but are not limited to:
1. Work collaboratively across all business units and demonstrate strong ability to develop and implement education/training strategies that effectively facilitate change.
2. Ensure knowledge transfer is leveraged in training development to ensure training is evidence-based and aligns with practice/process standards and guidelines.
3. Develop and maintain policies and procedures that reflect the standards of professional practice and the needs of the organization.
4. Perform policy and procedure maintenance, ensuring clinics have up-to-date copies of new/revised policies and procedures within expected KPIs.
5. Cooperation with QA and INVIVA Director, development and implementation of an annual training plan. Development and maintenance of matrix compliance trainings (effective elaboration, planning of training plans with deadlines and delivery with the leadership team).
6. Develop a framework for new and returning employee orientation training (eg, LOA). Make sure the training includes all the requirements and is maintained for delivery by delegates (eg, clinical leaders, CCP managers).
7. Receives/reviews literature and stays updated on patient groups relevant to the INVIVA treatment network or future patient groups in new programs.
8. Evaluate the training programs to assess the relevance for the INVIVA team.
9. Continually assess whether patient care equipment/supplies, policies, and procedures are safe, knowledgeable, legal, and ethical.
10. Work with the Nursing Leadership Team to develop training and education related to compliance, quality assurance, and individual learning plan requirements.
11. Involved in decisions about care models/practices as part of contract negotiations. Ability to review and understand Contracts/SOW/BRD to develop relevant documents and product delivery training
• Perform and behave in accordance with the iCare and ILEAD principles.
• Maintains nursing license from the licensing province or other as appropriate.
• Keeps CPR or ACLS current for clinical practice and understands current principles.
• Follows and maintains awareness of corporate and divisional policies and manages INVIVA employees as needed.
Key skills and education
• Regular registration with the College of Nurses licensed for the corresponding province and other provinces as necessary.
•Preparation for secondary education in nursing or equivalent. Desirable Master's Degree in Nursing or related fields.
• A minimum of 5 years of emergency/nursing experience or related relevant knowledge and experience is required.
• CPR or ACLS Evidence of strong clinical experience in providing nursing care to diverse patient populations. Demonstrate the ability to make decisions about service models and their implementation.
• Knowledge and experience in the use and interpretation of the required quality metrics and change management methods.
• Ability to provide support and leadership to advance evidence-based education and processes
• Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to mediate and influence the recipient's learning. High level of integrity, confidentiality and responsibility.
• Analytical thinking skills, planning, prioritization and execution. Ability to lead and manage change, as well as to train and guide a team of professionals.
•A strong sense of diplomacy, including conflict resolution, collaboration, and leadership skills.
• Strong regulatory knowledge with up-to-date clinical knowledge
• A valid driver's license to meet travel requirements or the ability to travel on business
• Good computer knowledge (Microsoft Office or equivalent platform).
• Bilingual (French/English)
Karrierestufe - IC - Profesional - P3
You will report to the Senior Manager, Education Specialty, but will work closely with the Regional Nursing Managers. You will take advantage of your experience in nursing, but you will be able to take advantage of the experience of the specialized training team in the use of technology and the learning management system.
As a National Nursing Educator, you will work with the Nursing Education team to develop, plan/review, implement and evaluate learning based on current educational theory and practice. They apply adult education principles to focused learning in clinical and community settings to provide clinical guidance and resource support for nursing staff. They help regularly assess the onboarding of new nurses to ensure their competence and confidence in their new role. Develop, plan/review, implement and evaluate training for new product launches and provide nursing education recommendations to core leadership team. There will be times when multiple projects will be running at the same time and you will be placed on multiple launch teams, giving you a national perspective of INVIVA's business.
Section ASpecific Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities generally include, but are not limited to:
Work with all business units and demonstrate strong ability to develop and implement enablement strategies that effectively facilitate change. Ensure knowledge transfer is leveraged in training development to ensure it is evidence based and aligns with process/practice standards and guidelines. Develop and update policies and procedures to reflect standards of professional practice and the needs of the organization. Ensure current policies and procedures by ensuring clinics have up-to-date copies of new or revised policies and procedures within expected KPIs. Work in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Team and the Director of INVIVA, develop and implement the annual training plan. Develop and update training to align with matrix (develop, effectively plan training schedules with deadlines, and execute with leadership team). Develop an orientation training framework for new and returning employees (eg, furloughs). Ensure training covers all requirements and is up to date for delivery by delegates (eg, clinical leaders, PSC managers).
7. Obtain/review literature and stay informed about patient groups relevant to the INVIVA treatment network or patient groups entering new programs. 8. Evaluate training programs to assess the suitability of INVIVA employees.
Constantly assess whether the equipment/supplies, policies, and procedures used for patient care are safe, competent, and meet legal and ethical standards. Work with the nursing leadership team to develop training and education related to compliance, quality assurance, and individual learning plan needs. Participate in decisions about care models/practices as part of contract negotiations. Ability to review and understand contracts/job description/business requirements to develop relevant documents and training for product delivery.
Section bGeneral Responsibilities
- Act and behave in accordance with McKesson's I Pledge and ILEAD principles.
- Maintain license to practice in the appropriate province or otherwise as required.
- Know the current methods of CPR or the specialized technique of cardiopulmonary resuscitation for clinical practice and understand the current principles.
- Follow and understand company and division policies and have INVIVA employees enforce them when necessary.
Section CRequired skills and training
- Complete registration with the College of Registered Nurses for the relevant province and other provinces as applicable.
- A bachelor's degree in nursing or equivalent is required, preferably a master's degree in nursing.
- At least 5 years of nursing experience and relevant knowledge, as well as experience in nursing education, is required.
- Knowledge of adult education and learning principles and ability to integrate into programs and strategies.
- Preferably bilingual (French/English).
- Strong clinical knowledge of current and future health and care issues in diverse patient populations. Demonstrate the ability to make decisions about service models and their implementation.
- Knowledge and experience in the use and interpretation of quality metrics and change management methodologies is required.
- Ability to provide support and leadership to drive evidence-based training and processes.
- Strong communication skills and ability to mediate and influence the recipient's learning. High level of integrity, confidentiality and responsibility.
- Analytical thinking skills, planning, prioritization and execution. Ability to lead and manage change, as well as to train and guide a team of professionals.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including conflict resolution, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Solid regulatory experience and up-to-date clinical knowledge.
- Valid driver's license to meet travel requirements or the ability to travel for business needs.
- Good computer skills, including the ability to use MSOffice and other related computer technologies.
Karrierestufe - IC - Profesional - P3
type of worker
McKesson is an equal opportunity employer.
The material contained in this document is provided for informational purposes only. All open positions offered by McKesson in this recruiting system are subject to certain job skill requirements. Preferred professional skill, qualification and experience requirements are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company offering the position, and all positions are subject to local employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws regarding work permit requirements and any other applicable government approvals or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties as to the completeness of the information contained on this site or any link to which it links. Although McKesson tries to update this site in a timely manner, the information is current only as of the date and time of publication.
McKesson is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of its workforce. We accept applications from all qualified individuals and will consider the needs of candidates at all stages of the recruitment and selection process, including unreasonable hardship.
The information on this website is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal ramifications.
Current employees must apply through the internal careers page.
Join us at McKesson!